Sunday, September 12, 2010

2) Pets

One of my best friends.  Our dictionary uses the term 'pet,' but really he is a Shaman, a companion, a Blessing.   We go on long walks.  He talks to me with his eyes, his voice, his paws.  One look from him is a volume of Victor Hugo or Leo Tolstoy at their  most eloquent.  His liquid dark eyes, instantly fills with love, worry, happiness, concern.  I've been chosen for a short time to take care of him, to watch over him..... as he watches over me, cares for and repairs my soul daily.  Each day I wake up and he delights in our day together, I want to be worthy of having him in my life.  I thought I knew what love was before, but really there is a dimension that only people who have furry companions  know what I mean.  God's creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment