Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday

A perfect day today.  I spent the morning in the forest with my dear companion and pet.  He is so happy frolicking in the woods.  He climbs trees, rubs against my legs, smiles at me.  His smile is a caress from the sun.  We came back and all of us went back to bed, to cuddle together and read the Sunday papers.  Perfect, with the sun streaming in and so warm, under the covers.

We went out for lunch.  I indulged myself: pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, a large pitcher of my favorite caffeine free tea.  Again, a booth with the sun streaming in.  Afterwards, a walk in the woods with my best friend, overlooking the Croton Reservoir.  Stunning.

Back home for tea and a slice of custard pie.  Yummy!   Custard pie in October, perfect!   More Sunday papers and then house cleaning, dinner and an hour at the piano.

What a wonderful Sunday - music, nature, pets, friends, comfort food and perfect tea.  A blessing to all out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment